Monday, April 9, 2012

Some bunny loves candy...

          I have a notorious and hereditary sweet tooth, as noted in another entry. The fiancée does not. So here is how occasions like Valentine’s Day and Easter work in our new household now. My mother mails us each an equal amount of candy. I devour all of mine in 1.5 days. Then, Brendan’s half of the candy sits out on the dining room table for almost a week, torturing me at every moment I am home. While we are sitting on the couch, I squirm for an hour while he nonchalantly goes about his business on his laptop, until I finally cry out: “ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH YOUR EASTER CANDY??!!!”

          He then says, (after a good chuckle), that it’s his and I am not supposed to eat it. He says this, not because he is particularly interested in the candy, or because he is territorial, but because he knows that if I eat it all, I will feel guilty. “THEN YOU HAVE TO HIDE IT!” and I am serious. Today he took his chocolate bunny and remaining treats with him to his office, or at least, I hope he did. If I come home and they are still sitting out, I am going to lose my mind, or eat it all. I can’t say which would come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment